All posted files are PDF in format and will open in a new browser window.
Land Use Applications
Land Use ApplicationsFor every application, the agreement to pay fees, landowner consent form, general land use application and associated fees must be paid before the planning department will process an application.
- Agreement to Pay Fees (53k)(Required for all major projects, i.e. subdivisions, planned developments, binding site plans)
- General Land Use Application (76k)
- Planning Fees 2022
- Land Owner Agent Consent Form (58k)
Planning Department Applications
- Appeal Supplemental (58k)
- Conditional Use Permit Supplemental (57k)
- Manufactured Home Park Supplemental (66k)
- SEPA Checklist (80k)( (contact the Planning Division to determine whether this form must be submitted along with your application)
- Street Vacation Supplemental (66k)
- Subdivision Supplemental (66k)
- Variance Supplemental (52k)
- Zoning Amendment Supplemental (64k)
- Request for Public Records
Certificate of Exemption (boundary line adjustments, lot segregation, lot consolidation, aggregations, segregations) - Both pages #1 and #2, as well as the County Segregation form and Tax Payment Certification listed below must be completed and submitted with fees.
- Certificate of Exemption How To
- Certificate of Exemption page 1
- Certificate of Exemption page 2
- Certification of Taxes Paid
- Spokane County Seg Form (614 k)
- Administrative Exception How-To (74k)
- Appeals How-To (67k)
- Binding Site Plan How-To (76k)
- Certificate of Exemption How-To (69k)
- Conditional Use Permit How-To (75k)
- Home Profession How-To (70k)
- Manufactured Home Park How-To (72k)
- Short Plat How-To (77k)
- Sign Permit How-To (70k)
- Temporary Use Permit How-To (84k)
- Variance How-To (75k)
- Zoning Amendment How-To (75k)
- How to Develop in the C-1
Development Codes - The Official Airway Heights Municipal Code (AHMC) can be found at http://www.codepublishing.com/WA/airwayheights/ or at City Hall.
AHMC Chapter 14, Development Code Administration explains the process for how a development application is processed, what types of projects require a public hearing, public participation requirements, and other procedural items.
AHMC Chapter 16, Subdivisions, provides information on the different types of subdivisions of land permitted within the City, and the process and regulations for subdividing property.
AHMC Chapter 17, Zoning, provides land-use tables, zoning regulations, sign regulations, landscaping regulations, parking regulations, and other zoning and land-use codes.
Comprehensive Plan - The City of Airway Heights recently published it's 2020 Comprehensive Plan:
- Table of Contents
- Ch. 1 - Vision & User Guide
- Ch. 2 - Community Profile
- Ch. 3 - Land Use
- Ch. 4 - Transportation
- Ch. 5 - Housing
- Ch. 6 - Parks & Recreation
- Ch. 7 - Economic Development
- Ch. 8 - Capital Facilities
- Ch. 9 - Utilities
- Appendix A – Goal & Policy Framework
- Appendix B – Supplemental Memorandum, Transportation
- County Planning Policies
- Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map
Plans and Ordinances