Request For Qualifications
City of Airway Heights
Requests for Qualifications
to Provide Special Testing & Inspection Services
The City of Airway Heights is requesting qualifications for Special Testing and Inspection Services of the Recreation Complex. All firms proposing must submit one (1) electronic copy (Adobe Acrobat format) of qualifications divided into the sections below and containing the following information:
a. General Information (5 pts.): General Information on the firm and history of firm.
b. Project Experience (40 pts.): Demonstrate the knowledge of the firm, personnel and local experience of providing special inspection services to public works clients or relevant projects or facilities. Include in project descriptions information such as (but not limited to): Project description, scope ($) and size (acres). Provide a minimum of four projects, with references that include client name, address, and email address and phone number.
c. Resumes (35 pts.): Include resumes of the personnel in the firm that would participate in this project and their availability. Include a copy of licenses for all Washington State licensed personnel who will be dedicated to this project. Include the resume of the project manager or principal of the firm. For the project manager, include at least four relevant projects with client reference information to include name, address, phone number and email address and a description of the services provided by this person.
d. Licenses/Accreditations (10 pts.) Include copies of in-house or subconsultant laboratories licenses or accreditations. Include address and point of contact reference information.
e. Insurance Information (required): Include insurance certificate of firm (Professional & General Liability). The successful firm will be expected to provide a certificate of insurance with the District listed as an additional insured prior to commencing work.
f. Location/proximity to project (10 pts.): Provide narrative on how and from where your firm will provide services for the project. Firms with local offices may receive up to 10 points.
g. The selected firm must be able to perform testing requirements per the 2015 IBC as well as meet any local regulations or requirements regarding special inspections and testing.
Firms will limit their statements of qualifications to 15 pages. Include a cover letter of interest signed by a principal in the firm who is empowered to commit the firm’s resources to the Airway Height Recreation Complex Project. The cover letter shall state the office location where the services will be provided from. The cover letter, tabs/dividers and certificates/licenses will not be included in the page count.
Submittal: Provide one electronic version of your qualifications to:
Mr. Patrick McCord, Project Manager
Hill International, Inc.
Lincoln Plaza Building
818 W. Riverside Avenue, Suite #350
Spokane, WA 99201
Faxed statements of qualifications will not be accepted. Proposals failing to comply with the requirements of this Request for Qualifications may be considered non-responsive. Submittals received late will be considered rejected. All qualifications shall remain the property of the City of Airway Heights and shall not be returned.
3. QUALIFICATION PREPARATION, PROPOSAL SCHEDULE:
Qualifications Due 4:00 pm, October 25, 2017
Select Firm October 26, 2017
Fee Proposal due Noon, October 30, 2017
Recommend Firm for selection October 31, 2017
Anticipated NTP October 31, 2017
Fee proposals are not a requirement of the SOQ submittal and will not be a criterion for firm selection.
For the full request for qualifications, click here.
Requests for Qualifications
to Provide Public Defender Services
The City of Airway Heights request statements of qualifications from attorneys experience in providing public defender services. Airway Heights has an immediate need and is seeking to contract with two attorneys and/or firms to provide services described below. It is anticipated that there will be between 150 and 200 cases per year per attorney. Although the duration of the contract may vary, the city prefers three-year contracts. Five years’ experience in the field of public defense is preferred.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Provide legal representation to defendants facing misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor offenses;
2. Represent indigent persons;
3. Attend hearings in defense of clients as necessary;
4. Prepare motions in defense of clients;
5. Perform trial work in defense of clients as necessary;
6. Work cooperatively with the prosecutor and service providers to better serve defendants;
7. Maintain awareness of ethical standards, appearance of fairness standards, and avoid potential conflicts of interest;
8. Develop Written policies and procedures to implement a case weighting system in accordance with the Supreme Court Order;
9. Attend court on Thursdays and provide for coverage during an absence;
1. Possess a Juris Doctorate degree
2. License to practice law in the State of Washington
3. Be a graduate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
4. Be a member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association
Interested applicants should provide:
1. A Resume;
2. A Cover Letter;
3. Description of practice and services the attorney/firm is capable of providing including an explanation of how the services will best meet the city's need;
4. A list of references regarding reputation and qualifications of the attorney/firm;
5. The disclosure of any pending litigation or judgments rendered against the attorney/firm in any matter relating to professional activities, including any pending complaints to the Washington State Bar Association.
The city reserves the right to reject any or all applicants, waive technicalities or irregularities and accept any proposal if such action is believed to be in the best interest of the city. Statement of Qualification will be accepted by the city until October 9, 2017 at 5 PM.
Responses must be marked “City Of Airway Heights Requests For Qualifications To Provide Public Defender Services”, and can be sent to Albert Tripp, City of Airway Heights, 1208 S. Lundstrom St., Airway Heights, WA 99001.
Responses must be received by 5 PM, October 9, 2017. .