Approximately 11 acres in size, this park is located in a residential neighborhood in the northwest area of the City adjacent to Sunset elementary School. This park serves both old and young alike, park amenities include a Baseball / Softball Field, Skate Park, Sand Volleyball Court, Basketball Court & Walking / Jogging Trails. The Park also has two playgrounds, a bathroom facility open during the summer months and 3 coverd picnic areas available for group rental.
Picnic Shelter #1
Adjacent to the Park Maintenance Building on Lundstrom Street. This is our largest group picnic shelter.
Picnic Shelter #2
Adjacent to the Skate Park on 6th Avenue.
Picnic Shelter #3
Located in the Northwest section of the park at the corner of King and 6th Avenue.
If you are interested in reserving one of our picnic shelters or the Ball Field call the Parks & Recreation Department at 244-4845. All facilities are reserved on a first come first served basis. Reserving the facility gives your group exclusive rights to use the area, and bump other parties who have not executed to appropriate paperwork to reserve the area.
Fees & Deposit: Picnic Area & Shelter Per 1 to 6 Hour Event
- Rental Fee 1 - 49 People $20 Plus $50 Deposit
- Rental Fee 50 - 99 People $100 Plus $100 Deposit
- Rental Fee 100 - 249 People $150 Plus $150 Deposit
- Rental Fee 250 + People $300 Plus $200 Deposit
Notes: 1. Deposits are refundable as long as the area reserved is left in satisfactory condition.
2. Events where 100 or more people are gathering require a special event permit.
Fees to Reserve Martella Field (be sure to review the City Non-discrimination Policy on our main page)
- City Preparation - Infield lining, dragging, watering, etc... Monday - Friday $20
Saturday - Sunday $35
- No Preparation per game or practice $10
- Use of Lights $10 per hour
Fee to Reserve the Sand Volleyball Court